Transfer Student Profile
Total enrollment, fall 2012: 17,404
- 15,978 undergraduates; 1,426 graduate students
- 53.1 percent women; 46.5 percent men; 0.4 percent unknown
- 2,622 transfer students
- 1,219 new transfer students entered fall 2012
- 1,295 re-entry students aged 25 or over (for undergraduates) or 29 or over (for graduate students)
Ethnic composition of undergraduates:
UC Santa Cruz seeks to enroll and graduate a student body that reflects California's diverse cultural, racial, geographical, and socioeconomic backgrounds. In fall 2012, ethnic composition of undergraduates was:
African American, 3.2%; American Indian, 1.3%; Asian American/Pacific Islander, 25.0%; Chicano/Latino, 27.0%; Euro-American, 39.5%; international, 0.3%; not stated, 3.7%.
Hometowns of new transfer students, fall 2012:
|San Francisco Bay Area||25.6%|
|Other Northern California||1.7%|
|Monterey Bay Area/Santa Clara Valley||25.6%|
|Central Valley Area||11.8%|
|Los Angeles Area/South Coast||26.3%|
|San Diego Area||8.5%|
|Out of State||0.4%|
Mean GPA of transfer students admitted for fall 2014:
Fall 2013 admission rate for transfers:
Retention and Graduation Rates for Junior Transfer Students, 2012-13
- 91% of transfer students returned to enter their next year at UC Santa Cruz.
- 76% of transfer students graduated in three years or less.
- 92% of transfer students graduated in four years or less.