Transfer Student Profile
Total enrollment, fall 2015: 17,868
- 16,231 undergraduates; 1,637 graduate students
- undergraduates: 52.5 percent women; 47.0 percent men; 0.5 percent unknown
- 2,561 transfer students
- 1,507 new transfer students entered fall 2015
- 1,364 re-entry students aged 25 or over (for undergraduates) or 29 or over (for graduate students)
Ethnic composition of undergraduates:
UC Santa Cruz seeks to enroll and graduate a student body that reflects California's diverse cultural, racial, geographical, and socioeconomic backgrounds. In fall 2015, ethnic composition of undergraduates was:
African American, 3.9%; American Indian, 0.9%; Asian American/Pacific Islander, 26.6%; Chicano/Latino, 30.4%; Euro-American, 33.0%; international, 3.6%; not stated, 1.6%.
Hometowns of new transfer students, fall 2015:
|Los Angeles Area/South Coast||28.5%|
|San Francisco Bay Area||27.0%|
|Monterey Bay Area/Santa Clara Valley||24.8%|
|Central Valley Area||9.8%|
|San Diego Area||7.1%|
|Other Northern California||0.9%|
|Out of State||0.8%|
Mean GPA of transfer students admitted for fall 2015:
Fall 2015 admission rate for transfers:
Retention and Graduation Rates for Junior Transfer Students, 2015-16
- 92% of transfer students returned to enter their next year at UC Santa Cruz.
- 82% of transfer students graduated in three years or less.
- 84% of transfer students graduated in four years or less.