Transfer Student Profile
Total enrollment, fall 2014: 17,866
- 16,277 undergraduates; 1,589 graduate students
- undergraduates: 52.8 percent women; 46.8 percent men; 0.4 percent unknown
- 3,329 transfer students
- 1,009 new transfer students entered fall 2013
- 1,335 re-entry students aged 25 or over (for undergraduates) or 29 or over (for graduate students)
Ethnic composition of undergraduates:
UC Santa Cruz seeks to enroll and graduate a student body that reflects California's diverse cultural, racial, geographical, and socioeconomic backgrounds. In fall 2013, ethnic composition of undergraduates was:
African American, 4%; American Indian, 1.1%; Asian American/Pacific Islander, 25.7%; Chicano/Latino, 30.8%; Euro-American, 34.6%; international, 2.2%; not stated, 1.6%.
Hometowns of new transfer students, fall 2014:
|Los Angeles Area/South Coast||29.3%|
|Monterey Bay Area/Santa Clara Valley||27.8%|
|San Francisco Bay Area||25.6%|
|Central Valley Area||8.8%|
|San Diego Area||6.3%|
|Other Northern California||0.9%|
|Out of State||0.8%|
Mean GPA of transfer students admitted for fall 2015:
Fall 2015 admission rate for transfers:
Retention and Graduation Rates for Junior Transfer Students, 2013-14
- 92% of transfer students returned to enter their next year at UC Santa Cruz.
- 80% of transfer students graduated in three years or less.
- 83% of transfer students graduated in four years or less.