Transfer Student Profile
Total enrollment, fall 2013: 17,203
- 15,695 undergraduates; 1,508 graduate students
- undergraduates: 52.8 percent women; 46.7 percent men; 0.5 percent unknown
- 3,329 transfer students
- 1,009 new transfer students entered fall 2013
- 1,335 re-entry students aged 25 or over (for undergraduates) or 29 or over (for graduate students)
Ethnic composition of undergraduates:
UC Santa Cruz seeks to enroll and graduate a student body that reflects California's diverse cultural, racial, geographical, and socioeconomic backgrounds. In fall 2013, ethnic composition of undergraduates was:
African American, 3.7%; American Indian, 1.1%; Asian American/Pacific Islander, 25.6%; Chicano/Latino, 29.5%; Euro-American, 36.8%; international, 1.1%; not stated, 2.1%.
Hometowns of new transfer students, fall 2013:
|Monterey Bay Area/Santa Clara Valley||28.7%|
|Los Angeles Area/South Coast||27.0%|
|San Francisco Bay Area||23.3%|
|Central Valley Area||12.0%|
|San Diego Area||7.0%|
|Other Northern California||1.2%|
|Out of State||0.5%|
Mean GPA of transfer students admitted for fall 2014:
Fall 2014 admission rate for transfers:
Retention and Graduation Rates for Junior Transfer Students, 2013-14
- 93% of transfer students returned to enter their next year at UC Santa Cruz.
- 78% of transfer students graduated in three years or less.
- 82% of transfer students graduated in four years or less.