High School Counselors
Congratulations to admitted frosh for fall 2017! (after March 15, 2017)
Along with the celebration of admission comes the increased responsibility that is part of becoming a university student. During this transition time, students should keep in mind the following:
- Accept their offer of admission through our portal, my.ucsc.edu, no later than the May 1 deadline.
- Keep contact information current. Students can update their contact information on my.ucsc.edu.
- Keep a list of deadlines.
- Visit UCSC during Spring Spotlight. If they can't attend in person, take advantage of our Spotlight Mondays or the Virtual Tour.
- Attend Summer Orientation.
- Read their "Conditions of Admission Contract" carefully and ensure they meet those expectations.
- If applicable, satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement by taking the Analytical Writing Placement Examination on May 13, 2017.
To help you advise your students, here is a PDF of the Conditions of Admission Contract for frosh. Please remember that in addition to the conditions below, your students may see other items in their contracts that are specific to them.
Admitted students must review and agree to their Conditions of Admission Contract as posted in the MyUCSC portal.
Students with questions are encouraged to contact an admissions representative, as shown on my.ucsc.edu. They may also e-mail email@example.com or call (831) 459-2131.
Welcome, high school counselors and advisors! We hope that this page serves as a useful tool to help you guide your students through the admissions process so that they can become successful freshmen at UC Santa Cruz.
Admission Guide for California First-Year Students 2017-18 [PDF]
Admission Guide for International First-Year Students 2017-18 [PDF]
Admission Guide for U.S. First-Year Students (Outside California) 2017-18 [PDF]