Community College Counselors
Congratulations to admitted transfers for fall 2017! (after March 17, 2017)
Along with the celebration of admission comes the increased responsibility that is part of becoming a university student. During this transition time, students should keep in mind the following:
- Accept their offer of admission on the portal, my.ucsc.edu, no later than the June 1 deadline.
- Keep contact information current. Students can update their contact information on my.ucsc.edu.
- Keep a list of deadlines.
- Visit UCSC during Spring Spotlight. Transfer-specific sessions are offered on April 14 and 15. If they can't attend in person, take advantage of our Spotlight Mondays or the Virtual Tour.
- Attend Summer Orientation on Friday, July 28.
- Read their "Conditions of Admission Contract" carefully, and ensure they meet those expectations.
To help you advise your students, here is a PDF of the Conditions of Admission Contract for transfer students. Please remember that in addition to the conditions below, your students may see other items in their contracts that are specific to them.
Admitted students must review and agree to their specific Conditions of Admission Contract as posted in the MyUCSC portal.
Students with questions are encouraged to contact an admissions representative, as shown on my.ucsc.edu. They may also e-mail email@example.com or call (831) 459-2131.
Welcome, community college counselors and advisors! We hope that this page serves as a useful tool to help you guide your students through the admissions process so that they can become successful transfer students at UC Santa Cruz. At the transfer level, UCSC gives the highest priority for admission to community college students who present a well-planned course of study and a competitive grade point average, and who apply at the junior level.
Admission Guide for Transfer Students 2017-18 [PDF]
TAG Flyer 2017 [PDF]